Conference Mini-reportConference was marvelously hosted by the Salem congregation. Wonderful meeting space was provided along with delicious meals and other hospitality. Deep appreciation is expressed to Salem for hosting.
• Dr. Dan Ulrich began the pre-conference teaching session on “The Body of Christ in Corinth & America” Friday afternoon. Ordained ministers received CEU’s for participating.
• Friday evening worship on the theme of “We Are All One Body” was led by members of the Program and Arrangements Committee with the message shared by the District Conference Moderator, Deb Oskin. “Body moments” from the Refugee Resettlement Team and on the Compelling Vision process were also shared.
• Sandy Jenkins, pastor of the Constance congregation was called as Moderator Elect
Sarah Friedrich (member of the Living Peace congregation), Todd Reish (member of the Oakland congregation), Jim Baker (member of the West Milton congregation), Heather Fullen (member of the Olivet congregation), and Angela Asamoah (pastor of the Bear Creek congregation) were called to serve on the District Board
Ben Kraus (of the West Charleston congregation) was called to continue on the Program and Arrangements Committee
Becky Maurer (of the Oakland congregation) was called to serve as one of our Standing Committee Delegates
John Keller (of the Oakland congregation) and Sheila Shumaker (of the Troy congregation)were called to the Brethren Retirement Community Board
• Brethren Retirement Community report was shared by CEO John Warner. Delegates approved an update to the Code of Regulations and a new Affiliation Agreement with the District.
• Loyce Borgmann of Brethren Benefit Trust and Irv Heishman, chair of the board of On Earth Peace, shared the Annual Conference Agencies report, along with the shared report video
• District Board Report was shared by Phil Dell, Chair along with reports from each of the commissions
• Several of the Empowering Congregations grant recipients shared regarding the impact of receiving these grants
• Bob Gross, our reconciliation consultant, shared an update
• Information on Congregational Withdrawal Process was presented
• Following discussion and questions, the delegates approved the 2019 District Budget
• New Moderator Carl Eubank was welcomed by outgoing moderator Deb Oskin with conference then being adjourned